Pages

About Me

My photo
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Attempting to make each day my personal masterpiece

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Artichoke & Roasted Bell Pepper Pita Pizza = Delish Dinner

So I just finished eating a really great summer time dinner: light, refreshing, and perfect with a glass of white wine.

Cooking is most definitely one of my joys in life. I love cooking for and with other people, but I am having a solo vacation this week so I'm trying to perfect some recipes for one. This is a new recipe for me and I think it turned out pretty fabulously for the first time around.
Yummy! Next time, I will probably let the cheese brown just the tiniest
amount before taking it out of the oven
Artichoke & Roasted Bell Pepper Pita Pizza
What You'll Need
1 piece of pita bread (white or whole wheat)
3-4 artichoke hearts (mine were not marinated because I prefer them that way, but either should be fine)
Jarred roasted bell peppers (I blot the oil off)
Olive oil
Oregano
Garlic Powder
Cheese of your choice (I used provolone)

What You Gotta Do
1. Heat up the broiler in your oven. Every broiler is different, so use your common sense here.
2. Spread about a tablespoon of olive oil across the top of your pita bread. Sprinkle some garlic powder on top as well.
3. Put the pita w/ olive oil under the broiler to crisp it up. This should take about 3 minutes, but watch it carefully.
4. While your pita is crisping in the broiler, cut the artichoke hearts and bell peppers into bite size pieces.
5. Remove the pita from the broiler and place the artichoke hearts and bell peppers onto the pita.
6. Sprinkle some oregano and more garlic powder onto the toppings.
7. Add however much you want of your preferred cheese on top of the artichoke hearts and bell peppers.
8. Toss the whole thing back under the broiler. Watch it carefully. Remove when the cheese is melted and you're sure the toppings have been warmed through.
9. Remove your pizza from the broiler and let it sit for a minute or so before cutting.
10. Cut it however you prefer and EAT UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment